Department of Zoology
Area of Specialisation :
Cytology, Genetics and Molecular Biology
Research Interest :
- Snake Venom Biochemistry & Toxicology
- Documentation and study of local biodiversity and the associated threats.
Selected Publications :
- Snake Venom Hemorrhagins in Critical Reviews in Toxicology, 29(1): 1 “ 19 (1999).
- Seasonal Variation of Antioxidant and Biotransformation Enzymes in Barnacle, Balanus balanoides, and Their Relation with Polyaromatic Hydrocarbons in Marine Environmental Research, 52, 13 “ 26 (2001).
- Antioxidant Enzymes in Brackish Water Oyster, Saccostrea cucullata as Potential Biomarkers of Polyaromatic Hydrocarbon Pollution in Hooghly Estuary (India): Seasonality and its Consequences in The Science of the Total Environment, 281, 237 “ 246 (2001).
- Toxoidation of Russells Viper Venom Using a Partially Purified Fraction in Proceedings of the 16th West Bengal State Science and Technology Congress, Burdwan (2009). [Obtained Best Presentation Award in Health Section].
- Action of Venom Protease and Hemorrhage in Russells Viper Envenomation in Section III, Proceedings of the 86th Session of Indian Science Congress, Chennai (1999).