Department of Commerce
About the Department
The Department of Commerce in Serampore college started its journey in 1969. Since 1972-73 academic session, the Department has been running Honours course prior to which it had only General curriculum. The Department of Commerce in Serampore College is one of the leading Commerce departments under Calcutta University so far as the B.Com results are concerned. The Department feels honoured to have produced many a brilliant student who excelled in their further academic and professional endeavours.
- University of Calcutta recommended three years B.Com.Honours Course
- University of Calcutta recommended three years B.Com General Course
Message of the H. O. D.
Over the last five decades, the Department of Commerce continued producing many a graduate with flying colours who have marked their footprints in plethora of services across the country and beyond. We are proud of them. The luminous alumni cherish their association with the Department and keep coming back to their alma mater. We try to take our students beyond chalk and talk and give them exposure to the developments around through seminars, symposia and so on. A cordial relationship between the students and teachers of the Department makes the teaching-learning process enjoyable to both. We wish all our students a very successful journey ahead.
- Dr. Arup Kumar Sen
- Ms. Suparna Majumder Mukherjee
- Dr. Mausumi Bhattacharyya (Head of the Department)
- Dr. Anindita Sardar
- Mr. Sudipta Saha Roy
- Dr. Sebanti Show (SACT)
- Mr. Dipankar Chowdhury (SACT)
List of Non-Teaching Staff
- Ms. Nilima Bhattacharya (COMPUTER LAB)(Guest)
The Department has been running the Seminar Library primarily for the Honours students since 2007. At present the library possesses a rich collection of both text and reference books which get regularly circulated among the students. The teachers of the department take charge of the Seminar Library by rotation. Teachers of the Department also have access to the Seminar Library as and when they need.At present in our Seminar Library the total no. of books are approx. 75. These books are divided in to three categories:
- Reference Books in various subjects are taught according to the B.Com. Syllabus of Calcutta University.
- Books which are covered the syllabus of professional examinations (i.e. CA,CS,MBA,ICAI)
- Books relating to various acts, standards, Bills etc.
We can conclude that the Seminar Library of our department is the Treasure of Knowledge in Commerce and related subjects.
The Department also maintains a Departmental Library in addition to the Seminar Library. The Departmental Library has been running since 2003, long before the Seminar Library came into being, with books contributed by the departmental teachers and publishers.
- Every year the Department has organised
- Departmental Seminar
- Workshop on various Professional Courses (i.e. CA,MBA,CMAI)
- Re- Union of Commerce Alumni Association
- Publication of Departmental Wall Magazine
- Initiatives for maintain clean and green environment
- Department holds parent-teacher meeting once in a year.
- Students organize cultural programmes on Teachersâ€™ Day.
Departmental Email I.D