Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) has been identified as the two most backward groups of Indian Society. They include all the castes, races or tribes, which have been socially, economically and educationally backward. The SC/ST Cell of Serampore College was found in the year 2019.
Prof. Dibyendy Ray, Assistant Professor, Department of Physiology.
Duties and Activities:
1. To collect reports and information of State Govt. and UGC orders on various aspects of education, employment of SC/ST Students.
2. To circulate State Govt. and UGC decisions about different scholarship programs.
3. To communicate with the students and motivate them for better future planning.
4. To counsel and guide SC/ ST students and help them to manage academic and personal issues of college life effectively.
5. To ensure provisions of an environment where all such students feel safe and secure.
6. To provide prompt counseling for any emotional emergencies arising on account of any event at the campus.
7. To provide the mechanism to redress the grievance of SC/ST students, if any
8. To arrange for special opportunities to enhance the carrier growth
9. To aware the SC/ST students regarding various scholarships program of State Govt. and UGC.
10. To take such follow up measures to achieve the objectives and targets laid down by the Govt. of India and the UGC.
11. To encourage and enlighten the SC/ST students with regard to the rights enshrined in the constitution