Department of Zoology
Area of Specialisation :
Cell and Developmental Biology
Research Interest :
- Molecular studies and biological control of vector mosquitoes
- Local faunal diversity, its documentation & conservation.
Selected Publications :
- Re-emergence of malaria in suburban (Sheoraphuli & Serampore) areas of West Bengal during 2007â€“2008 in Proceeding of National Seminar on Science since Linnaeus (2008).
- Studies on Biodiversity in Rishra Municipality Area: A case study in Proceeding of National Conference on Biodiversity : Threats & Conservation (2009).
- “Isolation and Biochemical Characterization of Midgut Microbiota from Different Isolates of Anopheline Mosquitoes”. Asian Jr.of Microbiol.Biotech.Env.Sc (2012).
- Identification and molecular characterization of Anopheles mosquitoes in some rural areas of West Bengal, India. Entomon 43(1):19-26 (2018).
- Molecular identification and control of Culex mosquito by Citrus limon in West Bengal, India. International Journal of Mosquito Research 8(1): 06-10: (2021).
SPEECHES AS INVITED SPEAKER:
- At Sidho-Kanho-Birsha University, West Bengal on 18.07.2017
- At Science City Auditorium, Kolkata, West Bengal on 17.07.2018.
COMPLETED RESEARCH PROJECT:
|1.||“Anopheline diversity and their insecticide susceptibility status (A comparative study with Culex) in some rural and sub-urban areas of Hooghly district of West Bengal.”||UGC
Reference No.F.: PSW-067/13-14