1) Dr. Kingsuk Das, Department of Botany (UG and PG) has started a major research project entitled “Study of two important medicinal plants namely Ocimum sanctum and Rauolfia serpentina in aspect to their major fungal diseases, evaluation of crop loss, qualitative and quantitative changes of bioactive compounds and ecofrindly (Biocontrol) management of the major fungal diseases” granted by Department of Higher Education, Science and Technology and Biotechnology (DHESTBT), Govt. of West Bengal (Project Sanction No. : 178(Sanc.)/ST/P/S & T/1G-55/2017 dated 16.3.18) with effect from 2nd July, 2018.
2) Dr. Bithin Kumar Maji, Department of Physiology (UG&PG) has started a Minor Research Project entitled Protective efficacy of Coccinia grandis against adverse effects of Azinomoto ( Mono Sodium Glutamate ) and high lipid diet on cardiovascular and hepatic system in rat model granted by the University Grants Commission [ Memo No.F.PSW-125/15-16 (ERO) dated 15 November 2016 ] with effect from 13 January 2017.
3) Dr. Sribas Goswami in Sociology Department has started a Minor Research Project on Land Acquisition in South Bengal: Problems and Prospects granted by University Grants Commission. (Memo No.F.PSW-127/15-16(ERO) dated 02.12.2016.
4) Dr. Suman Ghosh of Bengali Department has started a Minor Research Project granted by University Grants Commission on the Topic SOCIO-POLITICAL ASPECTS OF RECENT INDIAN DRAMAS AND FILMSin 2014.
5) Dr. Ashim Kumar Nath in Zoology Department has started a Project on Documentation of diversity of freshwater fishes in Hooghly District of West Bengal sponsored by West Bengal Biodiversity Board, Dept. of Environment,Government of West Bengal.(Memo No.390/3K (Bio)-2/2013 dated 24.06.13.
1) Dr. Pranab Kumar Banerjee of Zoology Department has completed UGC sponsored Minor Research Project UGC(MRP)-41-93/2012(SR) on Morphological Cytological and Molecular Diversity of Anopheles mosquito in Calcutta and Suburban Areas. View details
2) Dr. S. B. Chakroborty of Zoology Department has completed a UGC sponsored Minor Research Project (PSW-032/07-08) titled Study of androgen receptor expression pattern in muscle tissue of sex reversed tilapia: a socio-economic perspective.
3) Dr. Samik Ray of Economics Department has completed UGC sponsored Minor Research Project on Common Pool Natural Resource Base and Rural Livelihood.
4) Dr.Ashim Kumar Nath of Zoology Department has completed one UGC sponsored Major Research Project (F.No. 38-198/2009(SR) entitled as Studies on Hilsa fisheries in Hooghly estuarine system of West Bengal as Principal Investigator (from 01.02.10 to 31.01.13). The final report was submitted in the month of July, 2013.
5) Dr. Asima Das of Physiology Department completed a UGC sponsored Minor Research Project on Heat Stress Injury: its mechanism and possible ameliovating effect of natural antioxidant from grapes.
6) Dr. Arup Kumar Sen of Commerce Department completed College Sponsored project titled Workers Control in a Communist-Ruled State in India.
7) Dr. Suman Ghosh of Bengali Department completed Minor Research Project granted by University Grants Commission on the Topic Tagore’s Narrative and theory of aesthetics: A Comparative study with modernist and Post modernist art theories in 2012.